The Emotional Lives of Animals


(Jack, Java, and Latte. Photograph courtesy of LCS/2008.)

Hello,

I love animals. I have loved them since I can remember. My parents broke down and brought home a puppy for us after the third time I was bitten by someone else's dog.
(The German Shepherd tied to the tree in August looked like he needed a hug.)

As an adult, I have an affinity for cats. We would also have dogs, but with our schedules and allergies, it would be too difficult.

I just finished a wonderful book called The Emotional Lives of Animals by Marc Bekoff. He is a professor emeritus of biology at the University of Colorado-Boulder.

Don't get me wrong...I am an omnivore and consider myself on top of the food chain. But the book does enlighten and create even more of an awareness about animals and that we should respect them.

If you're interested, here is Jane Goodall's website: www.janegoodall.org.

Love,
Lolo

Comments

Popular Posts