How's My Driving? Call 1-800-Scorch


(Gravel Lake Trails, LCS 2008)

Hello,

I'm currently sitting in my pajamas and writing out the highlights from my day. I certainly hope I will be able to crawl out of bed and drag my exhausted self to library land tomorrow. I'm sore already.

This morning I had "caw fee ta wk" with my father and we basically took over the grocery store. Mom had an extensive organized list, although she spelled "kiwi" like "quioui". In her defense, it was 5:00 a.m. when she made the list and she probably didn't have her coffee yet. I'm amazed anyone can function that early at all!

Anyhow, Dad went through the list and I drove the cart. At one point,while searching for specific fruits and vegetables not unlike scavenger hunts we had as children, Dad left the cart,with my purse, unattended.

"Dad! My purse! You have to stay with the cart!" I exclaimed.
"Oh. Okay," Dad replied.

When I was foraging for Kiwi (not Quioui) and left Dad alone with my big black purse, one of the employees joked with him and told him it matched his sweatshirt nicely.

So Tweedledee and Tweedledum traipsed through the shopping aisles unsupervised. At one point, Dad took great delight in whistling "Here, girl! Come on, girl!" and I replied that the height of the cart was exactly the height of his behind and all it would take is a little nudge. (And with all the groceries piled on, it was pretty heavy). Then I told him,"We need a sign for this cart. How's my driving?Call 1-800-Scorch).

So after we found our treasure trove of munchies, Dad asked me to go to the floral shoppe in the store and pick out flowers for Mom. So I did, and as the cashier was ringing up the groceries, I gave my best pageant wave with the bouquet and said, "I would like to thank the academy..." and she started laughing.

So, after our excursion at the grocery store, I purchased begonias (and was reiumbursed),helped Dad plant them in the yard, and then returned to my own yard and started a wildflower garden.
Then I attended an intense taekwondo session. (More details about that in another post, but I'm spent). Now it's jammies and a little writing here, and a little blogging there. Now I need to pack for the lake...

Have a Great Holiday Weekend!
Love,
Lolo

Comments

Popular Posts