Gravel Lake Goslings and Other Musings


(Gravel Lake Goslings Up Close, LCS 2008)

Another great weekend in my world. Friday I played library, and after a busy day, my friend M came over and we watched a movie and hung out. She read a few edited entries and gave pointers on the blog book I am pitching to an agent in late July,which is one of many reasons why I have not been blogging as often I have another friend who is a professional editor and is going to edit it as soon as it is finished.

Also, summer is here and social time is revved up as much as the sunblock I have been using lately. Plus I've been reading for the Summer Reading Program.

Saturday, Steve and I trekked up to Gravel Lake for the day, saw my family, ate wonderful meals, and visited friends. We left around 9:00 p.m., just in time for the deer. There were two beautiful deer as we pulled onto Van Buren Highway. They were does, we thought, meeting us up to the fence. We could see their tongues lolling back and forth. They were hopping around and looked at us with their beautiful brown eyes and lashes. Their little white tails wiggled as they hopped away. It was the proverbial picture perfect moment, except the camera battery died and the other one that was charged was at home. Hrumph. Not meant to be, I suppose.

Sunday, Steve took me to the church service where I am now coined "Conga Chick" and he saw me perform. Then a kind couple asked us out for breakfast and I never turn down food. So we dined at a place called Eddie's with five people. It was fun! Then we we visited Border's, bought presents, and then returned home. I trotted around the neighborhood and worked in the yard.
I swept the deck. If it ever stops raining for two days, we can actually paint! Oh, well... the foliage in the back yard is beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts