Saturday Morning Blog: Airport, Bus Station, Coffee, and Critters


(Cats Looking for Critters LCS/2008)

As I have gotten older, I don't function well at 6:30 a.m., but I wanted to take a dear friend to the airport/bus station. It was a pleasant drive and my friend is a riot.

In-between giggles and several near misses of chipmunks and squirrels across the road (braking not swerving) it was a miracle we made it to the local Starbucks without a critter riding on my front bumper. (There needs to be a critter crossing sign on the road, but which one would they use for the sign? Hmm.)

My friend must have thought her survival and success of getting to the station on time was at risk, so she sprung for a shot of coffee at Starbucks. (Thank you.) The perky young barista at the counter must have indulged in several cups or she must have been a morning person. Anyway, she put a few extra squirts on energy boost in my tall (really small) cinnamon-flavored coffee. It was tasty, but I'm still waiting for the energy to kick in.

Anyway, I wake up a little bit and with my friend's expert navigation, we arrive safely at our destination with 10 minutes to spare. Now, trying to get out of the airport/bus station seems like a maze, but I manage to drive around and make it through seamlessly and arrive home without incident. I then crashed for the rest of the morning and afternoon because this stupid respiratory infection I've been fighting all week caught up with me. No energy.

Have a great Saturday and watch out for critters...

Love,Lolo

Comments

Popular Posts