Fireworks 2.0: A Wild Weekend: Part Two


(Fireworks 2008 lcs 2008)

Saturday morning Steve and I decided to do the fun run,which is a two mile walk/run. We were also on kiddie patrol, so we had a slow start. However, we got lost and didn't finish, but we won an award anyway! We had our exercise for the day.

We rested and read and later in the evening, we rode our bikes to a friend's house and perched on a friend's deck to watch fireworks. It was loud! And bright! Steve took the bike back to get sunglasses for me. I am such a vampire! I recall the Corey Hart song "I wear my sunglasses at night."

Well, the neighbors next door have a license to light off these amazing fireworks. However, they were so close to us that debris from the aftermath was getting into my diet coke and I was not amused. So Steve and I went inside the cottage and watched from the window.

Unfortunately, one of the fireworks actually malfunctioned and sparks shoot onto our deck.
People are ducking and running into the cottage. (Hence the title of the weekend, Fireworks 2.0.)
No one was hurt,thankfully. After the fireworks ended, Steve and I booked home on the bikes with lights.

Comments

Popular Posts