Anne Heaton's Blazing Red Review

(Anne Heaton)
Today while I took it easy and rested most of the day (and most of this week), I listened to Anne Heaton's Blazing Red CD. It's beautiful. Produced by Gary Maurer and Anne Heaton, this album is definitely the most personal. I can tell by the artwork on the CD cover: line drawings of a woman, of the sun, and of the sea. Then I peruse the song titles-- Jump, Crystallize, Pieces of Me, My Only Way Out is In, Where Your Scar is, Momma to You, Out to Sea, Why I Resist, Blazing Red, Halfway Times Two, Fire Sign, Secret Weapon, Strings OV--and these are indicative of songs that are intimate, even soulful. Anne belts out her lyrics in her signature Irish-esque style. And I still remember selling her CDs outside St. Mary's auditorium many years ago and listening to that wonderful voice.
Check out Anne's website at http://www.anneheaton.com/ and listen for yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts