Capturing October

(Memory Leaves Fallen 2008 LCS) (Jack's Memory Garden LCS 2008)
(Jack's Last Photograph (with Java) LCS 2008)
Good morning. Another glorious October day. I am glancing out on the front porch and cherishing the weekend I had with my friends and family. Friday night, Freeport (Steve's game) was cancelled due to people having other commitments, etc. And that was a disguised blessing, because Steve and I both had a long week with Jack leaving us. His last photograph is pictured here. Also pictured is Jack's Memory Garden, which is beautiful. It reminds me, I need to water the mums.
Saturday evening, I attended a birthday/slumber party for three friends. I had a wonderful, wonderful time with so many lovely people. The hostess with the mostess, S, is the classiest, sweetest, and most elegant person. She just took care of everyone, made sure everyone had beds to sleep in, and made us brunch the next morning. And I was totally in love with her tiny Yorkshire terrier pup, Teddy. I told S to not worry if there's a little wagging dog tail hanging out of my purse on my way out the door. :) Upon returning home, Steve and I rushed up to Gravel Lake and saw family and extended family. We took the pontoon boat out for the last time this season and took photographs of the leaves and the lake. Next weekend is supposed to be even more beautiful.
October is a transitional month in northern Indiana. Every day is a like a snapshot; the climate, colors, and overall landscaping changes from one windy moment to the next. Perhaps I can learn a lot from October. Capture every moment.

Comments

Popular Posts