Restless Sunday Night: Footprints on Hearts

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same."
-Anonymous
It is a pleasant day and a good evening. Our snow angels treated us to lovely snacks, coffee, and wonderful mouse wood carvings. They're perched up on the Hoosier cabinet next to the Nambe and our wedding photographs. Perfect. Another friend called and left a message and told me she wanted to make Steve and I dinner. We opened our gifts from family and extended family and enjoyed the sauces, the book (You: The Owner's Manual), and Naughty and Nice Christmas Ornaments. Tee hee hee. Perfect. The simplicity of a phone call, food prepared for us, cards and gifts in the mail, and the thought of making dinner for us is so touching, overwhelming, and kind. It's during challenging times with the holidays, the brutal weather, illness, and adjusting to a temporary new job environment while my branch is blossoming into a new place when simplicity is most needed. I visited my workspace today and one of my staff members sent me a black faux fur hat. I donned it on the way home. These significant little kindnesses keep a spring in my step and a sparkle in my eye. While Java kept watch downstairs (Steve played at a postponed game tonight), Latte and I listened to Enya's new CD And Winter Came. The CD is lovely: picturesque, haunting, dreamlike, lyrical. And her music will sometimes make me cry. Like tonight. And sweet Latte is chewing on the ends of my hair.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You know, I can see you with your red hair and that black faux fur winter cap.

Perfect for the month of July. Surely a keeper!

Keeping Gloria in prayers. love you dear, keep us posted.

cyn & Ken

Popular Posts