Movie Star Snow

I woke up this morning, grateful to return back to libraryland. I was squirrely from lying and feeling low this weekend. However, I peered outside and thought "No, not more snow. Enough already!" But Steve pointed out to me that the snow was beautiful, like snow on a movie set. "Movie star snow!" I exclaimed. Spring snow with thick white flakes and the morning sun piercing the concrete sky. And he noticed a red shadow in the pure white snow. A red cardinal. So we spent a few minutes watching and taking photographs of the beautiful cardinal. It's so important to notice the small joys in life every day.

Comments

Lori V. said…
"Squrriely" is a feeling I know too well! Lying low is what people say we should do and sometimes we just need a break, esp. when we are going through some tough stuff. However, it makes me wonder if stopping what we love to take a break is the best thing or if we need to move forward. Maybe lying low is best in small doses.

Popular posts from this blog

Old Friend

Midnight Moonlight July Posting

Reflections on this Week