Porch Time, Scat, and Greenie's New Gash

(Latte on the Couch, SJS 2009)
(Java in Cat Bed on the Porch, LCS 2009)
(Java in Standoff with Resident Squirrel, SJS 2009)
It's been awhile since I've enlightened you with photos of the fur children. Java and Latte have been taking turns demanding attention from us. Java has been particularly affectionate and demanding of the petting. It's now springtime (thank goodness) and the cats are now jonesing for porch time. I can't blame them. It was a beautiful day today and a gorgeous sunset tonight. Today I attended service and played conga drums, then arrived home. Ironically, not ten minutes after arriving home and resting on the porch did a man and woman (Jehovah's Witnesses) ring my doorbell and attempt to convert me (and the wonderful, kind, sweet person I am, cut them off mid-sentence.) A friend called me and wanted to go walking before she went to work. So we trotted around the boulevard and visited Merrifield Park. After she left, I took my iPod and trotted some more, then cleaned up for book club. The discussed title was Scat by Carl Hiaasen. Honestly, I haven't cracked open the book yet, but love love love this author and wanted to attend and hear what everyone else had to say. The pasta was delicious (thanks K!) and the hospitality was wonderful. Unfortunately, a neighbor tagged poor Greenie in the front bumper. It was witnessed by K's wonderful spouse and the neighbor (who attends the same church where I play the congas) left all of her information. Thank goodness. Perhaps this is karma for cutting off door-to-door Christians?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is it just me, or is that squirrel unusually large?-Theresa

Popular Posts