Practicing Round Kicks While Listening to B.B. King

It was a decent Monday. I was branch-hopping, training at one branch, weeding books at another branch, and visiting another to see a staff member. Tonight Steve (bless his heart) made dinner and took me to taekwondo tonight. There was my sensai and another black belt, so it was almost like a private lesson. I appreciate the session so much and feel like I am getting back on the right path. :) Something that is so kind is that Steve accompanies me to class, to help me build my confidence back up and to get some uninterrupted reading time in. On Saturday, there were a lot of Moms there with their kids. They were asking each other, "Which ones are yours?" They were referring to the students. Steve said to me if they asked him, he would say the tall redhead in the middle. (Yes, I was the only adult amongst the kids in this session . I had a Kramer moment.) What was also really cool is that we were practicing roundhouse kicks and self-defense moves to B.B. King. Master Sponseller always has interesting music playing during martial arts.

Comments

Popular Posts