Retail Therapy and the Little Book of Zen

It's been a fast weekend. Friday night I was invited and attended a craft circle at a colleague/friend's house. We made clay jewelry. The hostess (with the mostest) made the most delicious lasagna and pasta noodles. Yum. We had a great time in her lovely home. :) I didn't have art therapy, so I painted after arriving home. Watercolors and a dainty brush seems so civilized compared to hurling black acrylic paints on canvas. But the result was catharsis, so it served it's purpose. I'm reading The Little Book of Zen and it's interesting. The book contains haiku, koans, and sayings. So far I'm cherishing the haiku (it's divided up by the seasons) so it will be slow reading. Perhaps I will take this little gem with us to California. :) Saturday I had all the best intentions of attending taekwondo, but was too rundown and tired. So I went back to sleep. (I apologize, Master Sponseller.) Will be a vigiliant little student this week. Steve and I had coffee talk with a friend (she treated to coffee--thank you) and we chatted for a couple of hours. Then I called a friend and we engaged in retail therapy at Chico's. It was a costly adventure. But damn, it was worth it. I spruced up my spring and summer wardrobe and can wear most of the clothes to play library. We spent the evening with friends... they made us corn beef and cabbage. It was delicious. Today, I need to crank out two book reviews and play library at Main reference. Then, Dad will take us out to dinner tonight. It will be a nice day.

Comments

Popular Posts