Saturday Night Rain

A soft rain is comforting and even romantic. I reflected on this week. Despite my challenges and my sadness, two friends treated me to lunch this week and two friends/family treated me to dinner. I am thankful to have such wonderful people in my life. One of my friends actually called me out on the fact that I am starting to withdraw from people. He's right. He also noted that not only was I not giving enough face time but I was not blogging as often, chatting, facebooking, etc., much recently. It's good to know, especially now that grief is in full force, that a) someone is looking out for me and b) that I need to stay busy and have fun. I purchased a few CDs at a local store to upload to my iPod. I listened to Beck's latest CD in its entirety, Modern Guilt. His music is classic Beck with his collage of different styles of music and eclectic song lyrics. But his sound seems older with a bit of wisdom and sadness. My favorite song is #5 entitled Youthless. Perhaps Beck was listening to Saturday night rain as he wrote his music.

Comments

Popular Posts