Flying from South Bend to Chicago

Somewhere Between Las Vegas and California... LCS 2009
Wednesday, March 25 I'm officially on vacation! Woke up early this morning with Steve saying goodbye and Latte sleeping next to me. J called and left a message about a food party (which we will be gone). It was a dreary morning, drizzling and raining. It's about 50 degrees here in the Bend. I closed my jewelry party (a successful one!) and made appointments for getting my hooves painted and hairapy. I don't want to fuss with my hair throughout most of my trip. So I visited friends at Salon Rouge and engaged in a great Hairapy session. Then Steve and I packed up and Dad S. chauffeured us to the airport. At the airport, we learned how to do the self check-in thanks to a friendly person named Lisa. It was amusing, as a person at the counter checked us in and told us if we hurried, we could catch an earlier flight to Chi-town. However, when we arrived in the terminal area, no one was at the United Express terminal and we watched the puddle jumper go bye. Damn. We were going to grab a bite, too. Oh, during the process of checking in, Lisa gave us a tip: if you attempt to carry your bags on the plane,they'll make you check-in for free, but in the terminal, they won't charge you. (The exception is LAX. They are evil, anyway. But that's another blog posting.) The security check-in procedure was interesting. I didn't realize that you can't carry on aerosol cans. I forgot abut the $10.00 can of SPF 70+ I bought. Damn. Then the strap in my canyon bag broke. That was embarassing. Oh, well. I managed to stumble my way through. Steve bought me a Snicker's bar. However, the diet coke machine was broken, so no diet coke. Yar! Chicago was only a 20 minute flight. Then the trip to Las Vegas. the flight attendants proved to be kind and the pilot had a hilarious British accent.

Comments

Popular Posts