A Musical Weekend

Crowd After the Performance... LCS 2009
I enjoyed our spring weekend. I played library, painted Friday afternoon, worked out, and attended film fest on Friday night. Saturday morning I played library until after 4:00 p.m., came home, and worked out. Then Steve and I drove to Lake Michigan College to see a girlfriend in the play entitled: Ragtime: The Musical based on the book written by E.L. Doctorow (1975). It's based on the story of three groups in America. It's heavy and powerful. Our friend managed to snag two seats in the fourth row, so we had a GREAT view. The one-night performance with a professional symphony orchestra brought the audience to our feet.

After the performance there was a crowd to meet and greet the actors. I dared my friend to wear her costume out to dinner afterwards, but she politely declined. :) We managed to find a Chili's restaurant open in the off-season in St. Joseph, Michigan at 11:00 p.m. for a moonlight snack (okay, a meal.) We arrived home after 1:00 a.m.

Up at 8:00 a.m. (or so) for early morning rehearsal for church services at 10:30 a.m. I manage to drag myself there and perform without falling asleep on the conga drums. (Extra coffee helps.) Then, time to work out again, and then off to the Century Center. It was a quiet day, but I made a lot of contacts with other community groups. It was a busy weekend and an even busier week, which is good. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts