Saturday Surfing and Leaving for L.A.

Saturday Saturday was a lot of fun. Steve and I enjoyed breakfast at a little cafe in San Diego called The Eggery, visited a farmer's market, bought fruits and flowers, trolled on the boardwalk on Mission Beach, crashed a friend's place, walked a dog (as featured in the last blog), checked out of our resort, returned to a friend's place, met new people, rented a wetsuit, went surfing, and had to leave for L.A. to catch a flight home the next day. Surfing today was more intense. The waves were higher and it was windy. One of my new friends helped me to try to catch a wave. I didn't...the waves caught me rather...but it was a lot of fun trying. Saturday Night We dined in a restaurant in LA: it was called 96th Street Bistro. On our last night in California, we dined in this restaurant. Located in the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, this venue was casual and elegant. Our waiter was fun--he laughed at my quirky humor. I had to have California wine--in California. (I think I ordered a glass of Chardonnay pinot noir.) The ambiance was romantic yet modern chic. Sunday We left from L.A. to Chicago to Home. Made it to O' Hare Airport, but had to take a bus home. Flight was cancelled. Thank goodness for texting and my ipod to keep us company during this excursion. We made it home about 10:00 p.m. California was wonderful...

Comments

Popular Posts