Dutch the Dog

Dutch the Dog- LCS, May 2009
Last Sunday again. I'm mixing it up to see if you are paying attention. This is the story of a dog named Dutch who was rescued at Gravel Lake. Steve and I met him at the Gravel Lake party. (The same place where the Oreos were a hit.) Dutch was neglected. The people who had him before tied him up in the yard and basically left him outside all the time. Even in the rough Michigan weather. So the current pet parents came up to the previous "owners" and offered to pay to take the dog. They let them. So Dutch is in a wonderful new home with new pet parents and family. He was the hit of the party. Such a sweet, friendly boy. Everyone was loving this guy up. Anyway, I don't like the word owner. I prefer parent. Owner owns objects. Animals aren't objects. They are living, loving, beings. In my opinion, Java and Latte own us. And from what we saw, Dutch owns his family and most of the residents of Gravel Lake.:)

Comments

Johanna L. said…
That goes right along with what my hubby does. He's been calling our pets our 'kids' for years now.

Popular Posts