Interesting Weekend

It's been a bittersweet weekend. Mostly sweet, though. Friday we worked at the new LaSalle Branch. There are books on shelves! It is starting to look like a library. And my staff reunite tomorrow. I'm sure they are as stoked as I am. Saturday I spent the day with one of my closest friends. We had a tag sale in our front yard, the same time as Summerfest. We had a decent sale. Not hugely profitable, but decent. And we met a lot of people in the neighborhood. That was the most fun. I now have sun on my face and arms. Steve and I also enjoyed a nice dinner at Doc Pierce's and then went to SummerFest. It was nice; musical entertainment, booths, and rides for kids. Now we can say we went. Today was disappointing. I was told I couldn't play with other people in church services because I didn't attend Thursday practice. My work schedule conflicts with it. It didn't used to be that way. I could come in Sunday morning and practice and all would be fine. And people would be really happy. But things changed, including requiring signed contracts for musical performers. I think that is controlling and off-putting. I'm volunteering my time and expensive drum equipment (which certain people took liberty to jam on it.) So, I am fetching my percussion equipment and leaving the church. It's too bad that I just started playing again and then I am cut off. It has happened before, but it won't keep me from playing again in the future. I will think long and hard before committing to another church. I had a friend come over and we played Rock Band and Guitar Hero. It was great! Tonight I worked out for an hour and a half, reconnected with a friend on Facebook, and am now blogging. Soon it will be time to go to bed. Have a good week.

Comments

Unknown said…
Lori, it was so nice to reconnect! I will be following you on your blog and hope to see you on FB.
miakoda said…
Hi, Lori! I know of a local drumming circle that started up this spring. If that's something you'd be interested in -- and you don't mind hanging out with a bunch of Pagans -- let me know. I can put you in touch with them. The ones I know are good people...I just don't have the equipment or the energy to join up with them right now.
Lori said…
Hi C... so great to see you and reconnect! Miakoda, yes, please give me information. That would be lovely. Thank you.

-Lori
miakoda said…
Lori -- it took me a bit to remember the name of the group: Michiana Drum Circle. Let Harold know Shari Hill suggested the group to you. Good luck!
Michael said…
Hey, Lori!!! Missed you this past Sunday and now I know why. I sorry that this has happened and you will be missed. Praying for you...keep on jammin on the drums

Popular Posts