Drumstory

Women's pregnant bellies and drums have one thing in common: everyone assumes it's public property! Steve and I went to fetch my drums from the church and I saw my $500 conga drums out in the staging area. Someone moved my equipment and it wasn't me! (I was permitted to house my equipment in there so it would be safe from the wear and tear of tugging it around. Had I known people would be messing with it I would have taken it home a long time ago). Then much to my chagrin, my expensive yet well-used and loved Black Gretch drumset and hi-hat symbol were shoved into a closet. These drums have herstory, man. Have a little more respect. As Steve and I are clearing out my music studio to house my percussion again, I am looking around at the pieces in boxes. My Dad purchased my first (and only) Black Gretch drumset for me in 1988. Thank God I did not get the Hot Pink Tama drumset I was eyeing. (I like Tama, just not that color). I basically took over the living room with all of my percussion pieces. My mother and I purchased my conga drums at the now defunct Whitmer-McNease. We got a great deal on them, but are still in good condition and has a herstory, too. A drumstory.

Comments

Popular Posts