The Last Night of Thirty-Seven Looking Up at Forty

Another Chicago Photo from the Sears Tower--LCS 2009
This is the last night and the last hour of my 37th year on earth. And I have to say I am looking forward to turning 38. A new year, a new start, a new perspective. And the new LaSalle Branch Library has a soft opening tomorrow, so I consider that her new birthday, too. It's been three years in the making of the remodeled building, so it's like a rebirth. This was a good weekend. My father made a wonderful dinner for all ten of us! We also had cake and ice cream, went bowling, and then off to an anniversary party. So today I slept in until almost noon, and then snoozed for most of the afternoon. It was cold and rainy, so it was a perfect day to perfect sleep as a hobby. This evening we enjoyed leftovers, went for a pontoon ride, and then snapped photographs on the way home. I'll post those soon, and more from our trip to Chicago for ALA.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Best wishes to a very special person!
-Theresa

Popular Posts