Waves

New Buffalo--LCS 2009
It's been a little over a month since the library opened and things are starting to calm down.
I do have one more positive hurdle this fall: Open Book Family Fest. It's a great program that we've had for almost ten years. I've been on the committee every year except 2006 (or was it 2005?) when I started working at LaSalle. It's free and fun for everyone.
I'm starting to catch my breath. Admittedly, I've had some really tough days. I go through the motions and face my endeavors with a heaviness in my heart and my footsteps. I am happy that this summer passed by quickly. Places that used to provide refuge and comfort no longer exist for me.
I am regrouping and finding my own spaces for comfort. I am turning to the water and the beaches for comfort as the proverbial waves of grief hit.
Moreover, I am steeling myself for the changing of seasons: autumn and winter. And the holidays that follow.

Comments

Popular Posts