Wild Thing

Steve and Monster--AB 2009
I channeled my inner children's librarian today and played a costume character for "Wild Thing" from the book "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak. It was a lot of fun. I overheard adults saying that this was what they read as a child and this influenced their reading. It's really cool how adults introduce this book to their kids. I also remember this award-winning book and tonight was able to relive the memory as one of the monsters in the program. Steve almost sported the costume tonight, but he lucked out--he was too tall. (The costume would have given him an enormous wedgie). I was the shortest person on staff tonight at 5'7 and it fit me perfectly. He kept my monster horns from bumping into the security gates and from tripping over my monster feet. And we traveled out into the library proper and people of all ages smiled, waved, and hugged me in the costume. And I loved the photographs.

Comments

Popular Posts