ArtPost Afternoon

(This is one of Jake's sculptures). After meeting with a friend for coffee outside on the patio at the Chocolate Cafe, I drove to ArtPost and met with Jake and Kay. Jake and I brainstormed about the art & poetry book we are doing together. Some visitors arrived and we sat in a circle, read poetry, and talked. It was a lot of fun! The working title of the poetry book is Field of Blue, named after the painting and the lyrics I created a few months ago. In February, we will collaborate and put the books together. Jake will create an original painting on each copy of the book. If you are interested in pre-ordering a book, please contact me via email or Jake at ArtPost. Each book will be $50. (In the art world, that's inexpensive for an original painting). There will only be 40 in the first printing. We're looking forward to the book signing/reading in April 2010. I'm going to bring my percussion...perhaps a drum circle would be fun!

Comments

Popular Posts