Mad Dogs & Irishmen at the Beanery

Mad Dogs & Irishmen Performing at the Beanery- Photograph courtesy of Judy Bradford 2010
It's Saturday night. Steve and I just visited a local favorite Italian eatery with friends. I had salad, pasta, blackberry wine, and half a slice of cheesecake. Delicious. Today I recovered from last night's gig and slept in until 1:00 p.m. Fighting a losing battle against the annual winter respiratory infection, spent from last week's activities and last night's gig. This is why I am writing tonight. Steve and I arrived at the Beanery early to set up. I brought the whole entourage of percussion equipment: congas, drumset, djembe, shaker, tambourine, triangle. The staff at the Beanery showed incredible hospitality. Soon, people started entering the cafe. The whole band showed up and we arranged ourselves accordingly. All my equipment took up a lot of space, but we still had room for a bass player, an acoustic guitar player and vocalist, and two vocalists. It was a fun show. The cafe was full and the audience even asked for an encore! So we sang The Rose. We are going to perform at Club LaSalle next for our second gig. I love jazz and blues, so it will be a pleasure!

Comments

Popular Posts