The Mystery of the Windshield

I wanted to share a story that happened last week. I was working late in libraryland and the weather was a lot like today: icy and snowy. Well, as we left for the evening, I noticed that there was no ice on Greenie's windshield. The side and back windows were clear, too. Hmmn. My security officer guessed that maybe the lake effect snow may have spared my car. I really didn't think any more of it while driving home. I walked in the door to be greeted by Steve, Java, Latte, and Moshi. When I walked into the kitchen, Steve asked me with a smile on his face, "Did you notice that your car windshield was clear tonight?" I thought a minute and then said, "Yes, we were wondering about that." It turns out that Steve drove to my workplace after work and cleared off the snow and ice on my car. What an angel. He is a constant, positive presence in my life. Kudos to him for being such a good person. I am very lucky. This story came up because as I am laundering sheets from this morning's cat incontinence, I realized that Steve switched detergents. With my allergies, I can only tolerate Tide. (I have been itching and breaking out lately.) So I sent him an email that we can only use this brand. I did not mean for him to go out on his lunch hour and get it and bring it to the house. But he did. And gave me a hug because I was having a terrible morning. I am anticipating a peaceful afternoon.

Comments

Popular Posts