A Saturday Read: Get Well Soon

Today is a good day to curl up on the sofa with a warm blanket, sip hot coffee or tea, and read. And this is exactly what I am doing. I finished a book that I picked up in a booth at ALA held in Chicago. The book is entitled Get Well Soon and written by Julie Halpern. The middle school librarian from Chicago creates a compelling read about a girl named Anna who is committed to a mental hospital for three weeks. In the story, Anna writes a series of journal entries to her friend Trace about her adventures. The characters are strong and the story is well- written, light, and humorous despite some of the topics mentioned in the story. It is apparent that Julie Halpern works with teens and writes accordingly. Kudos! I am going to donate this book to my library. I sent her an email today and asked if she is going to write a sequel. I want to know more about Anna and her adventures.

Comments

Popular Posts