A Bittersweet Day: From Libraryland to Limboland

It was an interesting day. We attended a meeting at the Western Branch (one of our sister branches.) It's always fun to see colleagues from other branches. We had a good time discussing customer service. It's also strange almost being on the other side of libraryland. I am in limboland right now: it's a little strange. I was saddened to learn about the death of one of my regular patrons. Our staff loved her. She was a spritely, sweet sixty-something lady who would also light up the library with her smile and her sunny personality. She was always a pleasure to wait on and choosing the right books for her was fun. My heart fell when her sister brought in her books and told us the news. My heart is heavy today. The library felt empty today without her.

Comments

Popular Posts