Surviving Mother's Day

It's almost bedtime (well, not for me but Sunday's almost over) and I have officially survived the second Mother's Day Helliday season. I fared pretty well. No serious intoxication (yes, I drank my share of merlot with meals) no crying spells, and no yelling at Mother's Day flowers. (Although I am known to yell at Christmas lights and Mother's Day TV ads that were on all last week.) I visited the local garden shop to purchase Mother's Day foliage for my mother-in-law and swallowed a few lumps when I perused the rose bushes. I saw a classmate/friend who was visiting in town. Mom and I always went to the garden shop in the springtime on the weekends in May to buy flowers. I would usually plant them for her and she loved it. One year, many years ago, she told me to pick out a potted flower for her. I picked out the most expensive rosebush in the shop! Well, it was dormant for a few years and then bloomed...beautiful yellow roses. After purchasing the mother's day foliage, I rushed back home, changed into an ensemble of a black top and black skirt and only could find a pair of dark green tights in my closet (must shop soon.) Steve was referring to me as the bride of the Incredible Hulk. ;) We met up with the in-laws at a local restaurant (The Emporium.) We had a great table and Greg, who is our favorite waiter, was our server. It was a great meal...pasta penne! Afterwards, we arrived home and I rested for a half hour before we met up with friends at Hacienda for dinner. It was a lot of fun. After dinner, Steve and I visited Border's and purchased books on blogging, ebay, and web design. I believe the trick for surviving hellidays is to mix it up and stay busy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insomnia and New Career

The Bun is Back! The First Day

Hello, Birthday, and the Pumpkinvine