Pause.

I borrowed the idea from my friend S. about using one word to entitle blogs. I like it. It's fun, simple, and strong. Sometimes I have difficulty finding titles for writing, so it's less challenging to find one word and I will attempt to find new words to build my vocabulary. I sound like a writing instructor, don't I? Anyhow, my word of the blog is pause. After I compose this post, I am staying off email and social networking until Sunday afternoon. I'm also putting my cell phone on vibrate and don't feel like socializing (yes, I know that is unusual for me.) I finished the second fun and challenging semester at BMC. I enjoy teaching. Between the course and other emotional (and frustrating) happenings in both June and July that I won't address here, I'm spent. I am growing weary of every time something positive happens in my life, there's a caveat. I am also going to learn how to pause... especially when there are demands imposed on my time and energy. Saying no, not offering to do as much, learning to negotiate with dates and times, and learning to speak up more is a skill I am going to learn how to perfect, because frankly, I am tired. I am so over July and will be happy to see August.

Comments

Amber Rothrock said…
It's always good to take a break when things get too overwhelming.

Popular Posts