Wishful Drinking and Meet Me in Margaritaville

No, I am not a lush. These are actual titles of books and music. The book entitled Wishful Drinking is Carrie Fisher's memoir and (show) about her crazy Hollywood life, her eccentric parents (Eddie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds), and her struggles with bipolar disorder. I finished the book last night. Hilarious. Also, I did not know that Paul Simon's Rhythm of the Saints CD featured songs about Carrie Fisher. (I saw that concert at Notre Dame many years ago.) Since our band (Purest Green) is performing fun, tropical music at Hacienda in Michigan City, we are learning Jimmy Buffet songs. This means I need to learn music on marimba and my small steel drum. I like the prospect of learning how to play different styles of music. Do you have a favorite Jimmy Buffet song?

Comments

Popular Posts