Freewrite.

Rocks on the Shores of Lake Michigan
I am filing away information from my last class (Composition II) and putting them away in files. During my shuffling, I came across a piece of paper that had an essay that I wrote in class along with my students. It was a free writing session. Admittedly, this piece was edited for this post. When we finally reached Lake Michigan I was tired. I dipped my toes in the sand and started selecting rocks. I searched for Petosky stones and found other rocks instead. The waves of blue slapped against my legs. The waves on the lake temporarily washed away my sadness, leaving me refreshed with a feeling of peace. After searching for many rocks, I waded back through the heavy sand and sat down with Steve, who relaxed on the sand.

Comments

Popular Posts