October: So Far, So Creative

We are halfway through the month of October. After the first week, how quickly the month passes. So far, so creative. After Open Book at the library, I booked two music performances this month: one at a Montessori school and another at the Western Branch Library. A representative from one the local parks contacted the library after the Open Book and asked for my information to present "Drumstory" for their festival. I believe the drum/poetry gig is going somewhere. There is a local grant out there in the community to do programs like this. I would love to find broken drums, have them repaired, paint them, and put them into hands of people. Drumming is therapeutic, builds community, builds esteem. I may incorporate this into my coursework.

Comments

Popular Posts