Open Book Weekend: Friday

I am still smiling from the wonderful weekend I spent with the St. Joseph County Public Library patrons, staff, and volunteers. They had the annual Open Book Festival. For many years I served on this committee. This year, I experienced the event from the other side as a presenter and volunteer. On Friday morning, D. asked me to join him to appear on Fox 28 News to promote the event. I remember appearing on the news many years ago to promote puppet shows. The local news stations and the South Bend Tribune always support the library. So, Steve and I rode with D. to the station and promoted the event. Friday night, I visited The South Bend Chocolate Cafe and staff from the library decorated a haunted room and read ghost stories. It was so much fun to see staff again, meet new volunteers, and have a "howling"good time (couldn't resist.) I left the haunted room to attend one-year anniversary of ArtPost with streams of fake cobwebs adorning my hair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insomnia and New Career

The Bun is Back! The First Day

Hello, Birthday, and the Pumpkinvine