Black and White Poem from Soul Pancake

Yes, I am goofin' on Soul Pancake. I love the book and a lot of the cool ideas inside. This is definitely a future purchase. One of the activities I had for my students was to create a poem out of an advertisement or magazine article. I pulled out an advertisement for a children's book. I marked the words that I did not want and left the ones on the page. I copied the words on this page. Voila! Here is my poem: the spider heading to river for water- encounters storybook. lcs.2010 Okay, I added an s to encounters to make it grammatically correct. Also, it's in the form of a haiku, but not a 5-7-5 haiku. It's a 5-6-6 and adds up to seventeen syllables. How fun to create a haiku from an advertisement! :)

Comments

Unknown said…
Lori you are such a great writer! Now I know why you are doing what you do and look forward to reading more of your blog!

Popular Posts