Black and White Poem from Soul Pancake

Yes, I am goofin' on Soul Pancake. I love the book and a lot of the cool ideas inside. This is definitely a future purchase. One of the activities I had for my students was to create a poem out of an advertisement or magazine article. I pulled out an advertisement for a children's book. I marked the words that I did not want and left the ones on the page. I copied the words on this page. Voila! Here is my poem: the spider heading to river for water- encounters storybook. lcs.2010 Okay, I added an s to encounters to make it grammatically correct. Also, it's in the form of a haiku, but not a 5-7-5 haiku. It's a 5-6-6 and adds up to seventeen syllables. How fun to create a haiku from an advertisement! :)

Comments

Izze's Art said…
Lori you are such a great writer! Now I know why you are doing what you do and look forward to reading more of your blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Insomnia and New Career

The Bun is Back! The First Day

Hello, Birthday, and the Pumpkinvine