First Book of 2011: Cross Fire

One of my goals for 2011 includes reading more books. I finished my first book of the year. James Patterson's Cross Fire contains Detective Alex Cross. His adventures continue as he re-marries and juggles several murder cases, including an appearance by Kyle Craig, his nemesis. As always, Patterson's writing keeps me hooked with a compelling introduction, short and exciting chapters, believable dialogue with strong characters, and a satisfying conclusion. I even found a verb I will add to my word repetoire: trawl. According to the Mirriam-Webster Free Dictionary, trawled is defined as:1a : to fish with a trawl b : to make a search as if by trawling 2: troll:to catch (fish) with a trawl. I trawled the web to find an image for this blog post! :)

Comments

Popular Posts