Quote of the Day

I assigned the class to write a paragraph based on the following quote: "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr. Many times, I join my students in the freewriting exercise. Today I thought I would participate and publish my writing to my blog. Here are my interpetations: 1.)Remember the good and forget the bad. 2.)Focus on the positive and leave the negative behind. 3.)Silence implies consent. 4.)Silence is supportive. I would like to elaborate on number 4: silence is supportive. A true friend can listen quietly without judgement or providing advice. I know I am guilty as the the next person of providing advice when all that is required is the proverbial shoulder and a sympathetic ear. And I am out of thoughts right now, so I will end this post. I will check on the meaning of Dr. King's quote and see if my interpretations are close.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Friend

Insomnia and New Career

Midnight Moonlight July Posting