Quote of the Day

I assigned the class to write a paragraph based on the following quote: "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr. Many times, I join my students in the freewriting exercise. Today I thought I would participate and publish my writing to my blog. Here are my interpetations: 1.)Remember the good and forget the bad. 2.)Focus on the positive and leave the negative behind. 3.)Silence implies consent. 4.)Silence is supportive. I would like to elaborate on number 4: silence is supportive. A true friend can listen quietly without judgement or providing advice. I know I am guilty as the the next person of providing advice when all that is required is the proverbial shoulder and a sympathetic ear. And I am out of thoughts right now, so I will end this post. I will check on the meaning of Dr. King's quote and see if my interpretations are close.

Comments

Popular Posts