Movie Night: The Tourist

Last night, I met up with a few girlfriends and we viewed a movie entitled "The Tourist" with Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp. Admittedly, it has been a long time since I went to the movies. I am not a huge movie viewer, due to the fact that I cannot always sit still long enough. The movie was okay. I did not have high expectations and wondered how Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp would make out (pun intended) onscreen. Admittedly, I did not see the chemistry. The scenery (Venice) was absolutely gorgeous and Angelina and Johnny were beautiful. However, Angelina's faux British accent reminded me of Lara Croft and Johnny sounded more French than American. The plot was forced, especially at the end. Rotten Tomatoes posted that the movie received a 20% rating of reviews with 48% of the audience approval. All in all, I would not give this movie a raving review, but it was not quite MST3K worthy. It was fun to watch and a nice evening out with friends.

Comments

Popular Posts