Green on St. Patrick's Day or Bad Kermit Karma

(One of Kermit's Distant Relatives, 8/23/09) I am not sure which is more annoying: waking up to the incessant chatter of birds outside or waking up a few minutes later to the five shrill rings of my cell phone. It may be a toss-up. I woke up too early. I was ready to get on with my morning after a bumpy night with a sick husband (not his fault, poor sweetie-despite my efforts to the contrary, I shared my flu), Lady Cats taking turns taking their halves out of the middle of the bed, and of course, what you just read about this morning. I was not really in the mood for green even though I adore green and I like St. Patrick's Day just fine. I sported a black top and pants for work with a large pink and green flower. Even though I am an adult, the silly traditional fear of being pinched on St. Patty's Day by being caught without my green still follows me. Teaching is fun, so the morning passed quickly. I am grateful that the bug has passed for the most part and Steve is on his way to getting better, too. I was invited by a couple of girlfriends to dine at Trio's this evening. I am so glad I can make it. Will I be partaking in green beer and corn beef cabbage (ulp)? Um, not this year. Perhaps a nice glass of sprite and a bowl of mashed potatoes would suffice. I will quote Kermit the Frog, a notorious green amphibian, by saying that "it's not easy being green." Perhaps I tempted bad Kermit karma by sampling frog legs at a buffet last weekend. Cheers. Have a safe and happy holiday!

Comments

Popular Posts