Easter Sunday

We have our own Easter eggs this year. I may have mentioned this before, but there are three beautiful blue eggs located in a robin's nest right outside our enclosed porch. Photos soon to follow. I took some more today. Robin the Lady Bird scolds us and flies away every time we leave our house. The nest is located in a perfect spot for the Lady Cats to peruse. It's cat tv all the time around here, especially in the springtime. I'm feeling a little nostalgic today. Growing up, Easter was a big deal in our house. We would go to church, have Easter baskets with gifts, and spend time with family. I do miss family members (fur included) who have passed on or moved away, but I enjoy not having the hustle and stress of holiday gatherings. (Notice I am not using the term hellidays so much anymore.) I shy away from holidays in late and prefer to keep them as normal as possible. I am relaxing on my porch in quiet reflection, thinking of loved ones, and appreciating the beauty of the day. Steve is doing something around the house, Sakura and Moshi are nestled inside for their midafternoon siestas, and Java is curled up on the couch on the opposite side of the porch. She just woke herself up from her loud snoring. Meanwhile, I have to stop procrastinating and finish up my school projects so I can sleep tonight. If you observe,I hope you are having a peaceful Easter Sunday. Either way, I hope you are having a lovely Sunday.

Comments

Popular Posts