Health Fair and Fantasy Freaks

Today has been a day of learning. This morning I was an exhibitor for a Health Fair at the college where I teach. I focused on writing, poetry in particular, and how it can be therapeutic. I brought in a couple of academic articles about writing poetry and therapeutic aspects of writing. I may start a Haiku Club on campus. We'll see. I also brought in a Magnetic Poetry kit with pieces of words and a board. Faculty and students stopped by the table to play. I was also able to inform people about my book. I had one person interested in purchasing a book and many people took flyers. A couple of ideas came to mind: 1.) Making refrigerator magnets that look like the book covers with information, and 2.)Having a bowl of suckers that have labels affixed. I noticed that on another exhibitor's table. Tonight Steve and I attended a lecture at the University of Notre Dame. Author Ethan Gilsdorf gave a great presentation based on his book "Fantasy Freaks and Gaming Geeks." Steve and I met him at Gen Con two years ago. He was/is very friendly and we bought his book. :) He's forty-four and part of our Generation X, so Steve and I could relate. Ethan Gilsdorf also related well to the younger generations in the audience through humor. I learned a lot from his lecture from both a popular culture perspective and an author's point of view. Good stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insomnia and New Career

The Bun is Back! The First Day

Hello, Birthday, and the Pumpkinvine