Friday, April 29, 2011

Sleepy Sunny Friday

I am taking a break from marathon grading speeches for my April class. I was up until 3 a.m. last night and up early again this morning, but it was worth it. I submitted grades for 26 students with two hours to spare. I almost didn't know what to do with myself. :) I received a beautiful compliment from one of my students saying how much she appreciated the class. That alone was worth a sleep-deprived night. I do love teaching. I am grateful that I have this opportunity. Right now Moshi (pictured with me in the photo) is curled up to the right of me as I type. For the most part, Moshi has replaced Java as the muse cat. Once in awhile Javacat will shoulder surf to make sure I am on task. Javacat is almost thirteen, so she's entitled to a long and happy retirement. Sakura was sleeping on the rug in front of the door and basking in the sun rays.She stepped over to a white kitty bed and has curled in for the mid-afternoon. Java sleeps peacefully on the other couch. I am fighting the siesta before completing other work, but slumber may prevail.

1 comment:

Hillary Lucas said...

Beautiful cats! Glad you got the grading done.

Incivility

Hey. It's the last day of November. With the exception of an amazing cruise in 2015, this November has probably been the fastest mont...