Yardsale: The Creative Side

Whenever I think of yard sales, I think of my friend E. who I used to perform with many years ago. She wrote a cool poem called Yardsale. She would read it and then I would perform a percussion solo. It was well-received. As I mentioned before, I really enjoyed meeting people and visiting with people while having the yardsale. And since we developed a connect with people even on the surface, some of the same people returned back the next day to purchase other items. Talk about Sales 101. Building authentic relationships. In a sense, I feel like I am paying it forward. In a music/writing lesson with my student, we talked about yardsales, brainstormed ideas, and then wrote about them. When I find my poem, I will share it with you. However, it may be lost in the yardsale!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insomnia and New Career

The Bun is Back! The First Day

Hello, Birthday, and the Pumpkinvine