Yardsale: The Creative Side

Whenever I think of yard sales, I think of my friend E. who I used to perform with many years ago. She wrote a cool poem called Yardsale. She would read it and then I would perform a percussion solo. It was well-received. As I mentioned before, I really enjoyed meeting people and visiting with people while having the yardsale. And since we developed a connect with people even on the surface, some of the same people returned back the next day to purchase other items. Talk about Sales 101. Building authentic relationships. In a sense, I feel like I am paying it forward. In a music/writing lesson with my student, we talked about yardsales, brainstormed ideas, and then wrote about them. When I find my poem, I will share it with you. However, it may be lost in the yardsale!?

Comments

Popular Posts