The Firefly Letters

I tagged along with Steve and hung out in the New Book Room --I call it the Lincoln Room due to the large statue of Abe next to the window -- at the Schurz Library while he worked downstairs. After doing a bit of grading, I admired the landscaping outside. Then I took a peek at the new books. On top of the shelves was a book entitled The Firefly Letters by Margarita Engle. It's a book for young adults; I love literature for teens and youth. The story is told in poetic form about three girls: Fredrika, Cecilia, and Elena. The story is based on the life of Fredrika Bremer. There are resources listed at the end of the book. I could not put the book down and checked it out. I finished it soon after. I highly recommend this book not just for young adults, but for adults who like history narrated in a poetry.

Comments

Popular Posts