Happy December

Happy December! I am a little late; it is December 6. I am standing by the old adage that "late is better than never." Like everyone else, Steve and I have been extremely busy. Doesn't it seem like everything--including gatherings--occur on the same date at the same time? This happened several times already in the past week and a half during the second and third days of teaching courses this month. I had a Lia Sophia soiree scheduled on Tuesday night and a presentation at Greenwood Public Library on Thursday. Fortunately, I communicated with my supervisor prior to signing the monthly agreement to teach. (Yay for good communication and a supportive supervisor.) Everything turned out fine. The soiree went well; my friends hosted "the man show." Men showed up to shop and purchase baubles for partners and spouses. It was great. I may try out more "man shows" next year. Thursday Steve and I travelled to Indy and Greenwood to present and stay overnight. Our presentation was twofold: to give writer's inspiration and writing props; and to educate people on how to publish using CreateSpace. There were at least seventeen people. I met lovely new people and Greenwood Public Library staff was fantastic. K. (and D.) spoiled us with an honorarium,swag,and dinner. I have to say that Steve was quite the trooper, as he fought a nasty cold for two days last week. Honestly, the rest of the weekend was a blur of festivities. It was nice--and exhausting. I'm still dragging this week. Once class is over for the semester at IU and my class is over for the month at BMC, I will be able to catch my breath, reflect on the successes of the year, and relax until January.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insomnia and New Career

The Bun is Back! The First Day

Hello, Birthday, and the Pumpkinvine