Friday Night at the Cove

Tonight I got out of my comfort zone and went with friends to a baseball game tonight in the Bend. The last time I went to a baseball game in South Bend was in the late 1980s. I don't remember much about it. Tonight I remember more, and remember how much I detest crowds. It's nothing against people --okay some people-- but the energy and sea of humanity overwhelms me. Thankfully, I got over it soon after we settled into our seats. It was a beautiful -- and warm--night. We opted for more comfortable seats with cup holders. I think the bench seats would have done me in. Also, the three of us had to get water, snacks, etc. at different times and I have to walk around sometimes because my back and hip hurts.
There was a crabby family at the end of the aisle. We apologized each time we had to move past them. The last time, I sheepishly said, "I'm sorry. Next time, you may want to start charging a toll." The woman replied in a quiet and snarky tone, "That thought crossed my mind." Witch,
I thought. If you don't want people to crawl past you, get seats in the middle of the row! I wasn't going to lower myself to her level and respond rudely, but she will end up in this blog post. By the way lady, the 1980s called: they want their short gray frumpy feathered
hair back. (Later, we exited to the right if we had to get up. The older gentlemen were sweet.Okay, I am retracting my claws. I've been hurt a lot recently, so I'm more inclined to lose my faith in people. Anyway, I do appreciate the people who remain in my life, like the friends who took me to the Cove tonight for a simple game of baseball and fireworks.

Comments

Popular Posts