I Could Write A Book

I heard the sombering news that beloved essayist,filmmaker, journalist, and writer Nora Ephron passed away this week at the age of 71 (damn you, cancer and pneumonia), so I wanted to write a post to honor her. Ever since I learned of her passing, the movie When Harry Met Sally keeps crossing my mind: the actors, the music, story, and of course the unforgettable dinner scene and the brilliant line that follows: "I'll have what she's having." Of course, besides screenwriting, she wrote books. My favorite was I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being A Woman. Here is a list of her credentials: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001188/.
Right now I am playing the CD soundtrack (twentieth-century style) of When Harry Met Sally featuring Harry Connick, Jr., a handsome crooner from New Orleans. He sings "I Could Write A Book" as I finish this post. Nora Ephron, you could write a book, spin a yarn, and enlighten us though film. Heaven has gained an amazing star; we have lost an inspirational trailblazer. Nora Ephron, thank you for inspiring me. You will be missed.

Comments

Unknown said…
Isn't it sad Lori? I loved her and own most all her movies. She will be sadly missed.

Popular Posts