I Could Write A Book

I heard the sombering news that beloved essayist,filmmaker, journalist, and writer Nora Ephron passed away this week at the age of 71 (damn you, cancer and pneumonia), so I wanted to write a post to honor her. Ever since I learned of her passing, the movie When Harry Met Sally keeps crossing my mind: the actors, the music, story, and of course the unforgettable dinner scene and the brilliant line that follows: "I'll have what she's having." Of course, besides screenwriting, she wrote books. My favorite was I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being A Woman. Here is a list of her credentials: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001188/.
Right now I am playing the CD soundtrack (twentieth-century style) of When Harry Met Sally featuring Harry Connick, Jr., a handsome crooner from New Orleans. He sings "I Could Write A Book" as I finish this post. Nora Ephron, you could write a book, spin a yarn, and enlighten us though film. Heaven has gained an amazing star; we have lost an inspirational trailblazer. Nora Ephron, thank you for inspiring me. You will be missed.

Comments

Cathi Isza said…
Isn't it sad Lori? I loved her and own most all her movies. She will be sadly missed.

Popular posts from this blog

Insomnia and New Career

The Bun is Back! The First Day

Hello, Birthday, and the Pumpkinvine