Fun Weekend

Steve and I enjoyed a beautiful September weekend out with friends. Friday night we dined at Sunny's Korean Restaurant and then ventured out to That Place to sing karaoke and continue the party. It was a hilarious time. I had fun doing and singing "The Safety Dance" in front of friends and strangers. Who cares? Life is short and no one threw tomatoes. Saturday night Steve and I attended a friend's outdoor garden party. It was a lot of fun. On Sunday, Steve and I both spent the day with friends. Keeping busy this weekend was the plan, because there was no way I was going to ruin a weekend ruminating about Monday. I washed the dishes and swept upstairs to burn off some of this nervous energy. I am thinking positively: the mamm slam will turn out fine and benign and we can go on with our lives. Besides, I don't have time for this nonsense. I'm in graduate school and taking on another teaching gig (three classes) in a couple of weeks, celebrating a wedding with friends, and going to a conference in October. I have no time for disruptions of the peaceful writerly life I am trying to lead.

Comments

Popular Posts