Bad Habits




I believe that in order to be a good writer, one must be a good reader. I received an email from the library informing me that my books were overdue. So, I drove down to the Main Library,dropped off books, chatting with my friends who were working, and plucked another nonfiction book by Jenny McCarthy.

Jenny's latest book, entitled Bad Habits: Confessions of a Recovering Catholic, contains both heart and humor about growing up Catholic in south side Chicago. As a person who lives approximately ninety miles from Chicago, who attended a Catholic college,has family members and friends who are Catholic, and lives in a predominately Catholic community, I can relate to Jenny's midwestern yarn about dogma and faith. What touched me was that Jenny,despite criticism from family members and the community, used all the money she earned from modeling for Playboy to pay off her parent's bills.

An additional bonus to the book is the website Generation Rescue (http://www. generationrescue.org) which is inspired by her son, Evan.

I finished Jenny's book in two hours. It's a funny, interesting read, and I highly recommend it.

Comments

Popular Posts