The List

On Sunday, Steve and I presented at the New Carlisle-Olive Township Public Library. We had a great time. My dear friend and former colleague talked about making lists. When we worked together many years ago, she taught me how to organize my thoughts--and my day-- by making lists. I am now a big proponent of list-making, and I believe my friend is the person who taught me years ago. Thank you.

Here's my list for today:

1.) Visit friends at cafe'. (Done.)
2.) Cash checks at the bank. (Done.)
3.) Write blog post. (Doing.)
4.) Pet the cats.
5.) Write articles.
6.) Work on stuff for teaching.
7.) Revise chapter three in  book.
8.) Hang out with Steve.
9.) Walk.
10.) Housework. (Notice I put this last? ;))

Do you make lists? Do you enjoy crossing them off or do you add more?

Comments

Mike Settles said…
I do make lists. I start each day with a list of all possible points of action. The list is long. I check off whatever I accomplish that day and add whatever occurs to me. Whatever is not done today will be on tomorrow's list. I never feel guilty that I did not accomplish all today...I feel relavent that I can make a difference tomorrow.
Lori said…
Thank you, Mike! I think it's important that you emphasize the no-guilt factor in list-making. You also make a difference every day! (hug)

Popular Posts