Thirty Days of Gratitude

Hello, again.
Gratitude has been on my mind lately, not just because of Thanksgiving, but because I have had time to momentarily slow down and reflect on this past semester. Do teachers and students out there also think about seasons as semesters? ;)
Here is my list. Each one represents each day of November. These are in random order.

30. I am grateful for Doctor Who and the Tardis.
29. I am grateful for our sixteen-year-old coffee maker, which still makes great water for coffee and tea. (I am sipping cinnamon tea right now. Mmm.)
28. I am grateful for our 107-year-old house. Our modest home houses a lot of good memories.
27. I am grateful for good neighbors who have become good friends in the past 13+ years.
26. I am grateful for my 10-year-old car. Greenie and I have driven many miles together and we have many more miles to go.
25. I am grateful for mentors and the teaching opportunities at Brown Mackie College, Ivy Tech Community College, and Indiana University.
24. I am grateful for Java, our fifteen-year-old cat.
23. I am grateful for Moshi, our five-year-old cat.
22. I am grateful for Sakura, our four-year-old cat.
21. I am grateful for sunshine.
20. I am grateful for our memory garden.
19. I am grateful for words, even though as a writer, I need to use them with caution.
18. I am grateful for books, even the e-readers. (The i-Crack is growing on me.)
17. I am grateful for technology. I would choose the internet/technology over my stove, if given a choice.
16. I am grateful for family and friends who have cooked in our kitchen, and informed us that said stove is hot. (Hence, an explanation for scorching!)
15. I am grateful for family and friends who have attempted to domesticate me in the kitchen. I am still rather feral, but I am slowly catching on.
14. I am grateful for the classes I have taken in the Masters in Liberal Studies (MLS) program, and happy to have four left after this fall.
13. I am grateful for the people I have met in the MLS classes and for my classmates and professors who encouraged me not to give up.
12. I am grateful for family and friends who have supported my writing.
11. I am grateful for friends who took us to Scotland and England this summer.
10. I am grateful for shiny object moments, because ADD is a lesson in humility.
9. I am grateful for the opportunity to play music again.
8. I am grateful for sadness, so I can be even more grateful in moments of joy.
7. I am grateful for forgiveness.
6. I am grateful for modern medicine which has prolonged the lives of so many people I love.
5. I am grateful for organ donors. Thank you for saving the lives of others.
4. I am grateful to you, for reading this list.
3. I am grateful for family and friends and fur children, near and far, and I am grateful for all of my family, friends, and fur children who are in Heaven.
2. I am grateful for Steve. <3
1. I am grateful for Angels, as they are messengers of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insomnia and New Career

The Bun is Back! The First Day

Hello, Birthday, and the Pumpkinvine