Thirty Days of Gratitude

Hello, again.
Gratitude has been on my mind lately, not just because of Thanksgiving, but because I have had time to momentarily slow down and reflect on this past semester. Do teachers and students out there also think about seasons as semesters? ;)
Here is my list. Each one represents each day of November. These are in random order.

30. I am grateful for Doctor Who and the Tardis.
29. I am grateful for our sixteen-year-old coffee maker, which still makes great water for coffee and tea. (I am sipping cinnamon tea right now. Mmm.)
28. I am grateful for our 107-year-old house. Our modest home houses a lot of good memories.
27. I am grateful for good neighbors who have become good friends in the past 13+ years.
26. I am grateful for my 10-year-old car. Greenie and I have driven many miles together and we have many more miles to go.
25. I am grateful for mentors and the teaching opportunities at Brown Mackie College, Ivy Tech Community College, and Indiana University.
24. I am grateful for Java, our fifteen-year-old cat.
23. I am grateful for Moshi, our five-year-old cat.
22. I am grateful for Sakura, our four-year-old cat.
21. I am grateful for sunshine.
20. I am grateful for our memory garden.
19. I am grateful for words, even though as a writer, I need to use them with caution.
18. I am grateful for books, even the e-readers. (The i-Crack is growing on me.)
17. I am grateful for technology. I would choose the internet/technology over my stove, if given a choice.
16. I am grateful for family and friends who have cooked in our kitchen, and informed us that said stove is hot. (Hence, an explanation for scorching!)
15. I am grateful for family and friends who have attempted to domesticate me in the kitchen. I am still rather feral, but I am slowly catching on.
14. I am grateful for the classes I have taken in the Masters in Liberal Studies (MLS) program, and happy to have four left after this fall.
13. I am grateful for the people I have met in the MLS classes and for my classmates and professors who encouraged me not to give up.
12. I am grateful for family and friends who have supported my writing.
11. I am grateful for friends who took us to Scotland and England this summer.
10. I am grateful for shiny object moments, because ADD is a lesson in humility.
9. I am grateful for the opportunity to play music again.
8. I am grateful for sadness, so I can be even more grateful in moments of joy.
7. I am grateful for forgiveness.
6. I am grateful for modern medicine which has prolonged the lives of so many people I love.
5. I am grateful for organ donors. Thank you for saving the lives of others.
4. I am grateful to you, for reading this list.
3. I am grateful for family and friends and fur children, near and far, and I am grateful for all of my family, friends, and fur children who are in Heaven.
2. I am grateful for Steve. <3
1. I am grateful for Angels, as they are messengers of God.

Comments

Popular Posts